Historic Shipping - facts, pictures, presentations on ships from yesteryear; Robert Wigram, Family and Associates - Shipbuilders and Ship Owners Money Wigram & Company - Shipbuilders and Ship Owners The Plymouth Emigration Depot Plymouth Hulks - the forgotten ships around Plymouth Sound, The General Screw Steam Shipping Co. Ltd. The African Steam Ship Company


MILLOM CASTLE


Number 65043. Main Port of Registration Barrow. Rig Schooner. Where Built Ulverston. When Built 1870. Tons 78. Dimensions - 812 x 206 x 95. Period owned by Slade Family 1912-1931
Notes on History :
First owned by William Postlethwaite of Millom, Cumberland, who, in 1880, owned twenty-three schooners, and who sold her to W. K. Slade in 1912. An auxiliary engine of 40 h.p. was fitted in 1919. The vessel was extensively damaged in early 1930s and was surrendered by the Slades. In 1933 she was registered as for harbour work only and was at that time at Plymouth. She was lying at Poldrissich on the River Lynher.
From
List of the Vessels owned by the Slade Family of Appledore 1888-1948 Compiled by H. Oliver Hill



Back to Home page | Back to Plymouth Hulks Index
Copyright © Historic Shipping 2011.